Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Disasters Happen in Pairs

So Abby has been potty training. And I must admit she is doing fabulous! In the past week she has never had more than one accident per day (ok, technically she did have two last Thursday but none on Friday so it averages) and has had a few days with no accidents. Bless her little heart there is hope. And not a minute too soon as her mother had promised (after the last failed attempt a couple months ago) to never ever make another attempt at potty training Abby...because it was a lost cause that would never come to pass and thus never to be attempted again so long as she lives cause it was a waste of time, effort and laundry soap (or something to that effect, you get the idea). Anyway, so today was (emphasis on was) a good day through the 18th hour. No potty accidents, dinner dishes were cleared, dishwasher started, kids in the tub, and the DJ on the country radio station was on a roll. Too good to be true, I should have seen it coming...
It was at this moment that Abby chose to ruin her perfect day in a rather....well.... big way. Screams from the bathroom. At that same precise moment I was straightening things in the kitchen and made an unwise choice. My hands were full, but one more thing lay on the counter....I could get it if I shifted the things in my arms and used my last two fingers, now freed from burden, to grab it. It was a marble paper towel holder. In hindsight, I really should have guessed that the two fingers I chose would not be adequate to bear the weight of a marble paper towel holder. It fell....and of course I, being one with above average reflexes, contorted my hips swiftly to knock the falling towel holder off its trajectory so it would scoot across the floor instead of smashing straight into it. Nice, except the oven was in the way. Glass exploded everywhere. I stared, looking at the gaping hole in the oven not recognizing it as MY oven. Was I dreaming? I went to get the shopvac. My wife came in and after initial shock made light of the situation. I cleaned up the kitchen disaster. My wife handled the bathroom disaster. I love my wife. Stay tuned for pics (of the kitchen disaster).

The carnage I found when I came to check on the bread.




It was Scott in the Kitchen with the Paper towel holder.

3 comments:

The Shirleys said...

Oops! Who has a marble paper towel holder? That is pretty fancy, and apparently slightly dangerous. I look forward to seeing your kitchen disaster pictures. I will have to post some of my own. It will make you cry! (Or Janna)

The Shirleys said...

Wow! After seeing the pictures I am not sure I can compete with Scott in the kitchen destruction!

My pictures will be coming soon.

Worlds Endless said...

Holy smokes, Batman! So, I still see glass between the bread and the house; what actually broke?