Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Pleasant Surprise

I'm sick. I have the flu. I really don't mind throwing up (I've done it enough to like it I guess) and usually it makes me feel better. Coughing is annoying but tolerable. I don't like being tired, but sometimes a good couple days rest gives me time to recharge mentally. What I truly don't like is headaches. I get them so rarely, but when they come I get annoyed quickly. And they make all the other tolerable things become intolerable, because the other things aggravate the headache. For example a cough coupled with headache causes shooting pains through the cranium...miserable.

It's 2:30 am, I can't sleep, so I do the most logical thing to do when you're sick with a headache and can't sleep: I watch the State of the Union Address (Hey, I'm already sick right?). Anyway, it gets over and I start watching the GOP response. Much less entertaining, so I flip the DVR to the American Idol episode I missed earlier in the evening. Dallas, nice. Aha, Neil Patrick Harris is the guest judge, bring back the controversy. For the record I can't stand Neil Patrick Harris.
24 minutes into the episode they start showing a segment with sad music and images of several people walking out of the judges room crying. Suddenly, I recognize the girl walking out of the room crying. Could it be!?! REWIND! Sad music, crying, walking out...yes, yes, it is her! JENNY! We absolutely love Jenny! This is special for me because Jenny would come over to our house when we lived in Utah and I'd make her sing for me. My favorite was when she'd sing Mandy Moore. It was angelic. I was so excited, I forgot about being sick for a short while. Jenny was on national TV! A short while later Janna must have realized I was not in bed and came to find me. I had to show her what I had found! She was excited too. That was so fun to see! We agreed that Jenny was our American Idol.
The lesson to be learned: ego maniacs with morals on loan from the devil himself are unable to recognize anything truly divine.

2 comments:

The Shirleys said...

I agree whole heartedly with the lesson from this post. When Janna told me about it I wanted to go find Simon and punch him. I am sure he is the culprit in the whole thing...he always is...isn't he?

I got a caraoke machine for Christmas, so we can have Jenny sing to us when ever she comes to visit! (I am so excited!!)

Jenny said...

Ok, Scott, so I was reading this post and was like "Jenny... huh, wait, what?... I think he's talking about me...!!!" Here's the thing: I didn't audition for American Idol... at least, not that I remember.

This made me really curious and I searched online until I found some YouTube clips of the Dallas auditions with NPH. So I am watching the clip and BAM there I am. I seriously could not believe what I was seeing. I made my roomie watch it and she was baffled. I called my parents and made them watch it and my dad was freaking out. Scott, you found my long lost twin, or maybe just my doppelganger...

Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. If anyone ever steals my identity, I will have them start the investigation by checking that girl out!!